I HAD JUST ABOUT GIVEN UP
Parnell having no opponent and still pursuing charges against me in Travis County, I was pretty much done. Done. People still write me, still talked to me, told me their stories of how law enforcement let them down or the county was covering up corruption on and on, high sentences for some, soft judgments for others, an entire courthouse of LEGACY children to rule the rest of us just like 100 years ago.
Parnell also had his good lucks and learned how to pose at an early age. Murders go unsolved, people are scared, or mad, or, like me, just giving it up.
No checks and balances here, none.
Today there is hope.
This is from THEIR WEBSITE, to those of us seeking justice in a very, very unjust place. For those of us who want a level playing field.
Here’s how it works:
- You report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse of your tax dollars through our reporting portal on this website.
- We properly investigate using legislative research and inquiries compile the data into the Texas Wastebook, a biennial publication highlighting some of the most egregious aspects of waste at the state government level.
- We distribute the Texas Wastebook to grassroots organizations across the state and to our colleagues in the Legislature to bring awareness to the areas on which we must prioritize.
- The Legislature passes a slimmer budget, well within the means of the average Texan’s ability to pay and one that mirrors the decline seen in families and businesses across the state due to the economic downtown.
- State government prioritizes more effectively, leaving more resources available to the areas in the budget that the state must focus most on.
- A lesser budget translates to a lesser tax burden on citizens, bringing your initial action of reporting waste, fraud, or abuse full circle and leaving more money in your pocket.
All you have to do is report it. After all, it’s your government, and it’s your money.
If you know of any instances of waste, fraud, or abuse of taxpayer dollars, please report it here so we can investigate!
We have waited for someone to step forward to say, “Hell, no”, that hasn’t happened.
Now we have a place to go. I know you, you have enough files to fill the rotunda, take them, fill out the form and let’s join together to rid ourselves of the corruption.
Let’s get the public outcry we need and deserve.